1. Pass out construction paper to produce an envelop. As students finish other tasks related to this activity, they may draw things that they currently like or enjoy doing on their envelops.
2. As students are working on the items below, call them up one by one to take their picture.
3. As you finish taking their picture, measure their height with yarn and cut. Have students put the piece of yarn in their envelop.
It will be interesting to see how much they grew on the last day of school!!
4. Ask students to fill out the “Top 5 Favorites” sheet.
5. Take a picture of the students on the first day, print them and have them paste the pictures on their “First Day of School” Sheet. Students will also write about how they felt the first day, what they think of their new class, and what they’ve done so far. Students will also write what they are most excited about.
6. On the “5 Goals for Success”, students will trace their hand. Next they will write a goal for the current school year on the fingers It will be interesting to see how much their hand grew towards the end of the year.
*******Have student put all of these items in their time capsule envelope. Collect the envelops and put them in a safe place. Hand them back on the last day of school. Students ask see how much their grew and changed!*******