First Day or Any Day English Fun - "English is a Crazy Language" by Richard Lederer
- homonymns, idioms - Great back to school lesson!
This lesson includes . . .
► detailed lesson plans
► homonymn instruction
► idiom activity
► clean copy of excerpt
from "English is a Crazy Language" reprinted with permission from the author
► "Confusion, Thy Name is English" poem
► English handout for reading confusing sentences.
Students have fun learning while collaborating, competing, drawing, and reading.
It is extremely important to set the tone of class on the first day. If you want to start the year off with a "down-to-business" approach, this makes for a great first day. However, if you want to do a get-to-know-you activity on the first day, that is fine too - just save this for another day.
This lesson works well any time and it is engaging, informative, and fun!
Enjoy this free lesson!
• Rhetorical Devices
• Advanced English Bell Ringers - Entire Semester
• Vocabulary Activities for Use with Any Words
• Transition Word Posters
• Conjunction Posters
• Commas Bundle for Middle School and High School Students
• Figurative Language Review
• Parts of Speech Differentiated Escape / Lock Box Bundle