This mega bundle includes distance learning resources for Spanish I units on cognates, the alphabet, introductions and greetings, and Spanish-speaking countries and nationalities. It also includes resources to help you start the year, including student and parent surveys, an infographic syllabus, and a lesson about why we study Spanish. The resources help students accomplish the following learning objectives:
- I can identify many different reasons for studying a language
- I can list the reasons for studying Spanish that are most important to me
- I can identify my number one Spanish learning goal
- I can identify some Spanish words I know already
- I can define the word “cognate"
- I can identify a few written and spoken Spanish cognates
- I can use cognates to understand some written and spoken Spanish sentences
- I can identify the letters of the Spanish alphabet
- I can understand and write down spoken Spanish letters
- I can spell my name in Spanish
- I can greet and leave people in a polite way
- I can introduce myself and others
- I can understand and use a few courtesy phrases
- I can identify Spanish-speaking countries on a map
- I can recognize the Spanish name and nationalities of Spanish-speaking countries
- I can explain the difference between the words Latino and Hispanic
- I can discuss activities I do and do not like to do
- I can ask someone else what they like to do
- I can talk about the activities someone else does and does not like to do
Each unit guides students through interactive editable Google Slides lessons that include notes, links to videos, practice activities, listening activities*, speaking activities, and formal assessments. There are also information gap interview activities designed for student use in Zoom breakout rooms and a personal alphabet project to help you get to know your students.
These activities will help students build confidence as they are exposed to the Spanish language and the Spanish-speaking world for the first time. I encourage you to check out the preview files included in each individual product description for more information.
*Please note before you buy:
- These products include .pdfs and links to editable materials on Google Drive. You must have a Google Account to access the materials and share them with your students. No editable Microsoft Office products will be provided.
- Some units include listening activities that I recorded myself. You can get a preview for what my Spanish accent sounds like in the video preview file of each individual product.
- Most teachers and students will be able to access the audio files for the listening activities by clicking directly on the files in each Google Slides presentation. However, due to current technology restrictions, if you work in a district where students are not allowed to access files shared with them from someone outside of the organization, they will not be able to access the audio files within the presentation. For that reason, I have provided the audio files in .mp3 form in case you run into trouble and need to distribute them separately.