Lucky Numbers Place Value Practice Pads. Lesson Plan Included! Great for a review of place value. Can be used for a whole group lesson or printed in color and used with dry erase as a math center.
1. Given a two-digit number, the student will decompose the number into tens and ones and represent the decomposition with quick ten drawings, in a place value chart, and in a number bond.
2. Given a 2 digit number, the student will add and subtract 1 and 10 to the number.
Set Up: Display on smartboard, if available. Provide paper copies and dry erase pockets or sheet protectors with dry erase markers.
1. Modeling. Model completing all or part of the pad for the first number. Students watch as you think aloud and complete each section.
2. Guided Practice: Work through the second one together, you at the board and students with dry erase at their seats.
3. Independent Practice: Next, have students work with a partner for the next 2 numbers. Circulate and help as needed, reteach to individuals as needed.
Formative Assessment: Use the last number for assessment by having learners remove their sheet from the dry erase pocket and complete the paper copy for the last number.
Review (Next Session): Provide a different page in dry erase pocket for partners to work out together.