4 weeks of April Morning Work is just the thing to jump into Spring! Students will engage independently in work that promotes math and literacy skills and centers around the themes of Earth Day, Poetry, Easter, and April Fools Day! This pack is great for high K, first grade, and second grade review.
(4) The Write Stuff: Practice list-making with prompts revolving around Earth Day, Easter, Poetry, and April Fools Day.
(7) Math Matters:
Joke’s On You: Solve equations to find the answer to the joke!
(2) Story Problems: Illustrate and solve 3- and 4-step story problems.
Perfect Patterns: Decorate Easter eggs using growing and repeating patterns.
Chick Magnet: Match each chick and its sum to the correct 3-part equation nest.
Rhyme Time: Fill in each line to create a rhyming math sentence featuring doubles facts.
Give Me a Sign: Fill in each egg with a + or – so the number sentence makes sense.
(4) What a Wonderful Word Wall: Choose 5 words from the word wall to use in sentence following themes of Easter, Earth Day, April Fools Day, and Poetry Month.
(4) Fill-In Fun: Choose the correct sight word from the bank that fits each sentence.
(1) Picture Perfect: Using the picture provided, write sentences to describe what is happening in the picture.
**Every month, the content breakdown of my morning work packs are roughly 1/3 math, 1/3 writing & word work, & 1/3 sight words.
**Each page contains “Go the Extra Mile,” which is an extra task for fast finishers!