Kindergarten math review and early first grade skills make this packet useful for both kindergarten and first grade teachers! Get your students ready for first grade number sense, addition, and subtraction skills while easily assessing their knowledge.
Use this packet to prepare students for first grade math skills. This packet would be a great supplement to first grade back-to-school lessons, or kindergarten review lessons. Use these resources as homework, independent practice, or assessments. They can even be used to guide small-group instruction.
Want more resources to to start your year in first grade? Click here for my back-to-school packet.
This packet covers many foundational skills students need to be successful in first grade math. It includes activities in number sense, basic place value, addition, and subtraction. The printables are non-seasonal, and include many fun themes (from pizza to meatballs to cowboys!), so you can use them throughout the year to reinforce basic skills.
1. Shake & Spill: Making 5
2. Five in All: Making 5 Worksheet
3. Shake & Spill: Making 10
4. Double Bubbles: Doubling 1-6
5. Six Little Fish: Composing 6
6. Seven Slithering Snakes: Composing 7
7. Eight Fresh-Baked Cupcakes: Composing 8
8. Nine Silly Monkeys: Composing 9
9. What's Missing Part 1: Sums of 10 on 10 Frames
10. What's Missing Part 2: Sums of 10 with Pictures
11. What's Missing Part 3: Sums of 10 with Words
12. Number Mysteries: Teen Numbers
13. How Many in All: Writing an Equation Based on a Picture
14. Making 5: Cut & Paste Sums
15. 10 Little Piggies: Number Bonds for 10
16. 10 is a Yummy Number: Sums of 10 Sort
17 - 19. Word Problems (2 per page)
20 - 22. What's Missing: Numbers to 30 (1/2 sheets)
23. Color by Number: Number Recognition to 20
24. Diving for Number Words: Cut & Match
25. Yee-haw! Teen Numbers: 10 frames/counting
26. Yee-haw! Teen Numbers: 10 frames/drawing
27. Pricy Pizzas: Comparing Numbers to 25 (Identifying Greater Number)
28. Pizza Deals: Comparing Numbers to 25 (Identifying Least Number)
29 - 30. Dragon's Rules: Drawing Sets
31 - 32. Order in the Gym: Ordering Numbers to 20 (least to greatest/greatest to least)
33 - 34. Count It, Write It: Organized & Scattered Objects w/in 30
35. One More Cupcake: Identifying 1 More
36. Counting Cupcakes: Missing Numbers in a Sequence of 3
37. Spaghetti & Meatballs Counting: Rote Counting by 10s and 1s.
38. Comparing Numbers: Sea Pals (Identifying Greater Numbers in a Set)
39 - 40. Show What You Know: Simple assessments that can be used to guide your first math unit.
***For a free sample of this product, click here.
Looking for a review of first grade math? Click here for my no-prep packet.
Click here for fall-themed addition & subtraction worksheets.
Click here for my "Strategy Shark" packet, which introduces addition and subtraction strategies and relevant math vocabulary.
Are you new to first grade? I love making math resources that balance rigor, routine practice, and student engagement. Click here to see my math selection!