This 33 item assessment can be given in parts, or with only selected parts given. The assessment includes an item analysis and matches the most important numeration and operations skills taught in the kindergarten math modules. It can be used for end of year testing in kindergarten or beginning of year testing in first grade. It is useful for identifying individual and group areas of strength and weakness.
This assessment was designed for my AIS students for identifying areas of need and goal writing for intervention.
Following is the item analysis for the assessment:
1. Complete the number bond to combine 2 parts.
2. Counting using 5 groups
3. How many? Combine 2 groups.
4. Counting using strategy for circle formation.
5. Counting scatter formation (10)
6. Identify one more.
7. Identify one less.
8. Complete the number bond to show decomposition of a divided group.
9. Compare numbers.
10-11 Complete number bond and number sentence frame to match the picture.
12-13 Complete number bond and write a number sentence to match the picture
14-15 Draw to solve
16. Draw more to make 8. Write number sentence number sentence
17. Addition fluency to 5
18. Subtraction fluency to 5
19. Draw more to make 10. Write the number sentence
20. Complete number sentences using partners of 10.
21. Decompose 14. Complete a number bond to show ten and four.
22. Draw 17 in 2 ten frames. Write a nuber sentence to show 17 as ten and seven.
23. Complete statement, “Ten ones and __ ones make __ nes.” for picture of 11, with 10 circled.
24. Add 10 and ones to make a teen number.
25. Write the next 5 numbers starting at 4 and 13.
26. Write numbers from 0 to 20.
27. Complete number sequences, counting forward.
Complete a number sequence, counting back.
28. Count tens and circle number
29. Fill in missing numbers to count by tens.
30. Count by rote to 100 by ones.
31. Count by rote to 100 by tens.
32. Draw and write a number sentence to solve an addition word problem.
33. Draw and write a number sentence to solve a subtraction word problem.
11 pages includes 2 page item analysis.