What are the ELA Fluency Drills?
Thanks so much for viewing my First Grade Fluency ELA Drills packet! This packet contains 150 all-in-one fluency activities! The sheets build upon five sets of skills: blending, word reading, sentences, sight words and decoding. Each of the skills come with 30 sheets. You can choose to place these skill sheets in a literacy center, RTI intervention group, guided reading group, whole-group, send home for homework or use for your early finishers. This packet requires very little prep for you! Simply print the pages you need. The students can utilize the three clip art images in the lower right corner to build additional fluency. The students will color an image each time they read through the sheet.
Inside the file:
- 150 fluency drills
What skills are covered?
- 30 sheets of sentence fluency
- 30 sheets of word reading (double endings, digraphs, silent sounds, CVCe, blends, vowel teams, diphthongs, ending blends, r controlled)
- 30 sheets of decoding (nonsense words)
- 30 sheets of blending (onset and rime and stair-step blending)
- 30 sheets of sight words Set 1: on, as, his, or, your; Set 2: an, each, which, do, if; Set 3: up, other, about, many, then; Set 4: them, these, so, some, her; Set 5: would, like, him, into, time; Set 6: has, look, two, more, write; Set 7: go, no, way, could, people; Set 8: than, first, been, called, who; Set 9: sit, now, find, down, day;
Set 10: did, get, come, made, may
How can I use these files?
These fluency drills can be used inside the classroom (RTI groups, guided reading groups, whole-group learning, centers) OR you can use the fluency drills outside of the classroom for homework!
What makes these fluency drills unique?
Each fluency drill has three unique clip art images in the lower right corner! The student will read through the drill once and then color in one of the images. They will repeat this three times! This will promote additional fluency!
Kindergarten ELA Drills HERE
Kindergarten Math Drills HERE
Visit my blog Little Minds at Work
Follow me on Facebook