Use this "fridge facts" sheet for easy communication between first graders and their families. Fill out the sheet and make copies on a weekly basis.
This "fridge facts" sheet has several sections.
(1) Spelling: Students are constantly reminded of their words with a glance every time they pass the fridge or open it. This section is not numbered because I have seen classes with 10 spelling words per week and others with 20 spelling words per week.
(2) Language Arts: Tell your families what stories the kids are learning as well as what Buzz Words or vocabulary they are working on.
(3) Math: Not just writing the basics of the lesson but adding examples as well are easy for kids and parents to work together after reviewing in depth Home Links.
(4) This week I am learning: Put your overall goal here as well as common core. Families like to see evidence of learning and this will help with that.
(5) Don't Forget: Is it picture day? A class party? Report card envelopes need to be sent back in? Put that info here.