This is a set of digital activities for first grade grammar skills!
***For the K-2 Bundle, click here!***
These digital grammar activities will:
- Save you tons of time - no prep is required!
- Reinforce grammar skills - they have audio explanations for students.
- Give your first grade students instant feedback on their work.
- Get kids excited about practicing grammar!
This bundle covers the following skills:
- Comparing words, letters, and sentences (1 deck)
- Capital letter and punctuation in a sentence (2 decks)
- Complete and incomplete sentences (1 deck)
- Questions (1 deck)
- Exclamations (1 deck)
- Periods, question marks, and exclamation points (1 deck)
- Writing the date (1 deck)
- Commas in a series (1 deck)
- Prepositions (2 decks)
- Common nouns (1 deck)
- Proper nouns (1 deck)
- Mixed common and proper nouns (1 deck)
- Conjunctions (1 deck)
- Adjectives (2 decks)
- Verbs (2 decks)
- Subject-verb agreement (1 deck)
- Subject and predicate (2 decks)
- Possessive nouns (1 deck)
- Pronouns (1 deck)
- Past tense verbs (1 deck)
- Future tense verbs (1 deck)
- Contractions (2 decks)
- Parts of speech mixed review (2 decks)
Each deck is made up of 20 digital “cards.” Audio directions are included for each activity, so students won’t need to read directions!
This resource works well with the Learning At The Primary Pond “Grammar Alive!” grammar program. However, these activities can be used alongside any grammar program.
Looking for the Kindergarten Grammar Games? Click here!
Looking for the 2nd Grade Grammar Games? Click here!
Looking for the K-2 Grammar Games Mega Bundle? Click here!
About the technology:
The games were created on the Boom Learning℠ platform. To use them, all you’ll need is a free Boom Learning teacher account.
The games are easy for young students to use, and they can be played on any tablet, computer, Chromebook, or laptop with internet!
You do NOT have to download any apps or purchase any additional memberships in order to use these materials. If you would like to use an app, however, they are available for free for Apple, Google, and Kindle devices.
Frequently asked questions:
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How do I download or access these materials?
When you purchase this resource, you’ll receive a PDF download. Inside the PDF you will find directions and a link to click.
You’ll click the link(s) to add each deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
Why do I have to set up an account with Boom?
To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.
How many devices can I use these games with?
As many as you like! One license allows you (one teacher) to use the games with all of your students. You can even assign them as homework if you like.
Want to try out some Boom cards before you purchase?
Click HERE to download a deck for free! You can also find complete previews of several decks by clicking the PREVIEW button at the top of this page.
Boom Learning: The Fine Print:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of their premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.