Read aloud lessons for the ENTIRE YEAR of FIRST GRADE! Just print and teach! DIGITAL VERSIONS FOR GOOGLE SLIDES TM INCLUDED FOR EACH STORY! This BUNDLE includes 42 read aloud units geared towards first grade standards with assignable printable and digital lessons for each day. Each read aloud is designed to cover five days. Read alouds allow us to teach a broad range of standards. You will find that each week’s read aloud will cover many standards, but will focus more heavily on a specific one. This will be the standard assessed at the end of the week to provide evidence of mastery for that standard. Discussions include lots of think alouds, modeling, partner talk, and differentiation geared toward first grade students’ needs.
Each month's pack includes 4-5 read aloud units (December contains three.). Each read aloud is designed to cover five days but can be condensed to four depending on your schedule.
AUGUST READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
What Do You Do With a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes by Mark Pett
SEPTEMBER READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae
What If You Had Animal Ears? by Sandra Markle
Apples by Gail Gibbons
OCTOBER READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
No Dragons for Tea by Jean E. Pendziwol
A Firefighter's Tools by Devon McKinney
This is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen
Pumpkin Circle by George Levenson
Spiders by Gail Gibbons
NOVEMBER READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
Duck for President by Doreen Cronin
Let's Vote On It by Janice Behrens
Squanto's Journey by Joseph Bruchac
Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano
The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
DECEMBER READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
Ava Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
JANUARY READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
Martin’s Big Words by Doreen Rappaport
The Emperor’s Egg by Martin Jenkins
Dog Breath by Dav Pilkey
Dog Vs. Cat by Chris Gall
FEBRUARY READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
What if You Had Animal Teeth? by Sandra Markle
How to Heal a Broken Wing by Bob Graham
President’s Day by Anne Rockwell
I Am Helen Keller by Brad Meltzer
MARCH READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
The Moon Seems to Change by Franklyn M. Branley
Jamie O’Rourke and the Big Potato by Tomie dePaola
Me On the Map by Joan Sweeney (You will also want to have a nonfiction text about maps to pair with the book.)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett (You will also want to have a nonfiction text about weather to pair with the book.)
APRIL READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
City Dog, Country Frog by Mo Willems
Hey, Little Ant by Hannah Hoose and Phillip Hoose
The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
MAY READ ALOUDS: INCLUDED
Insect Detective by Steve Voake
Enemy Pie by Derek Munson
Sharks by Gail Gibbons
Pirate Boy by Eve Buniting
Tough Boris by Mem Fox
Each set of read aloud plans will include the following:
- monthly pacing guide
- interactive anchor charts
- posters for reading strategies and skills
- a daily lesson plan for each day of the read aloud (15 total included)...just print and teach!
- assessing and advancing text dependent questions covering all of Bloom’s Taxonomy Levels for partner talk and whole group discussion each day
- sticky note template for questions...print your already prepared questions on sticky notes for the week! Questions focus on key ideas and details, craft and structure, and integration of knowledge and ideas.
- reader’s response printables for each lesson that students will complete independently
- vocabulary cards and instruction routine
- weekly assessment
- mentor sentences for teacher and students
- Google Slides TM for each lesson for distance learners. You can also use this in your classroom to guide your instruction for that lesson! These are AMAZING! Your whole lesson is planned for you each day! You can check them out above, but they are INCLUDED in this resource.
Each week will include a craft, directed drawing, STEM challenge, or science experiment.
(Each lesson meets the TN Ready and Common Core Standards.)
Download the preview to take a closer look inside and to grab the PACING GUIDE!
You may also love:
Get more tips on classroom management from me below:
Would you like to SAVE on new resources? Just click the GREEN STAR below my name. This will allow you to follow my store and receive e-mail notifications when a new resource is added.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on your purchase to earn TPT credits!