This unit is designed with the Grade 1 Manitoba Science curriculum in mind, but the lessons and activities are suitable to be used with any curriculum about the five senses. This unit is for Cluster 2: The Senses.
Each unit contains a lesson idea and interactive journal page for each unit outcome. There is also one science experiment and one design process project in each unit.
These are the lessons/outcomes covered in this unit:
1. Unit title page idea
2. Learn vocabulary related to the senses
3. Match the sense to the body part
4. Label the parts of the eye
5. Graph the eye colours in the class
6. Find things in the classroom that feel a certain way
7. Listen to mystery sounds
8. Smell sounds
9. Label the parts of the nose
10. Sort foods by the taste buds used
11. Taste food
12. Name ways to protect the senses
13. Design sunglasses to protect the eyes (design process)
14. Describe how some things can be altered
15. Describe how your senses protect you
16. Learn how your senses can mislead your (science experiment)
17. Name aids that help people with different capabilities
18. Compare differences in taste with a friend
19. Describe how you use senses in various hobbies & jobs
Check out my Interactive Science Journal Freebies
for a journal cover, scientist craft, inquiry ideas, and more!
Buy this unit separately or in a bundle with my other three units to save money: Interactive Science Journal Bundle
*Updated* This unit comes bundled with two files now--the original PDF version and an editable PowerPoint version. If you teach Science in another language (German or Spanish perhaps?) you can edit the text boxes on the student pages to meet your needs. The teacher information pages are not editable, but all the student pages are! You do need to have PowerPoint in order to edit the file.