Also included in
- Help your students dig deep into their reading with this ENDLESS book study bundle of literacy units! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivities make wonderful bulletin board displays to showcase learning.Each book study unit can be usPrice $795.00Original Price $1113.00Save $318.00
This is a book study literacy unit for First Grade Jitters by Robert Quackenbush. The unit is packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivity makes a wonderful bulletin board display to showcase learning.
This book study unit can be used as a whole class activity, during small group guided reading time, as individual student work, or as part of a book club. Simply copy a pack for each student. You may wish to choose to implement pages that best fit your students’ learning abilities.
Some of your students may relate to being jittery about starting school!
THIS UNIT INCLUDES:
STORY ELEMENTS ACTIVITIES
- student unit cover page
- story elements
- making predictions
- character traits
- character analysis
- story retell
- story events
- story clues
- can-have-are-need graphic organizers
MAKING CONNECTIONS ACTIVITIES
- making mental images
- opinion page
- giving my advice
- text-to-self connections
- If I could be in first grade...
- writing retell pages
- writing story prompts
- class book
- making words
- vocabulary word search
- syllable sorting
- vocabulary word sort
- alphabetical order
- problems and solutions
- author's purpose
- main idea/theme
- fiction and non-fiction story elements
- true or false comprehension questions
- reading notes
- personal response page
- Snapshot of My First Day craftivity
LEARNING STANDARDS CHECKLISTS
- learning standards checklist charts for Common Core, TEKS, VA SOL
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL BOOK STUDIES
Note: Leave feedback on my resource and you'll get $ off future purchases!
Permission by author for single classroom use only.
I love it when you share my products with your colleagues! Please do so legally, by purchasing additional licenses- they are available at a discounted price!
Uploading this product onto a platform for your own students to use during distance learning is permitted. In all other cases, uploading this product onto the internet (even to a personal/classroom website) is prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).