Beginning of the year literacy assessments all in one place! This resource includes different activities for students to complete in order to get a snapshot of their early literacy skills. While designed to give at the beginning of the school year, you could also give these assessments again during the middle and end of the year to check student's progress.
These activities may be given in a whole class setting - they do not need to be given individually.
At the end of the resource, I included a data sheet with all of the activities listed and a target score. You can then input the scores for your entire class on just one sheet. If you have more students then given in the sheet, copy it front and back!
Included in this resource:
- Handwriting practice (first and last name, all capital and lower case letters)
- 5 Sentences to correct (capital letters and ending punctuation)
- Matching capital and lower case letters
- Color words
- Rhyming words
- Identifying beginning, ending, and middle sounds (both short and long vowels)
- Spelling CVC and CVCe words
- 4 Writing Prompts
- Data Sheet for the whole class
If you purchase this product, I would appreciate if you would please rate the product and leave feedback! Feedback earns you TPT credits for future purchases! Thanks!