Are you looking for fun and engaging fall themed resources for your literacy centers? This bundle includes 8 products combined into one. These activities are ideal for literacy centers in first grade. This pack consists of interactive pumpkin dice activities, simple and compound sentence sorts, No PREP Johnny Appleseed vocabulary worksheets, Fall themed word sorts, cut and paste sight word activities and sentence starters activities. These activities cater for a variety of learning styles.
Roll a Die - Pumpkin Activities
NO PREP Sight Word Activities
Fall Simple and Compound Sentence Sorts
NO PREP Fall Word Sorts - Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Syllables, Sight Words
Fall Coloring - Fine Motor Skills
Johnny Appleseed - Cut and Paste Synonym Activities
Johnny Appleseed - Expanding Noun Group Printbales
Johnny Appleseed - Sentence Activities
Roll a Die Pumpkin Activities
These roll a die games are a great way to engage your students and get them thinking all about pumpkins. These pumpkin literacy and math activities include a variety of question types and Bloom's Taxonomy style questions to promote students higher order thinking skills.
This kit includes 2 literacy dice games and 1 math game. Students simply roll a die and then complete the activity that matches their roll. The activities include:
• Write a silly sentence about a pumpkin.
• List 5 things you like about pumpkins
• Write an interesting fact about pumpkins
• Draw and label 3 ways to use a pumpkin.
• Write an acrostic poem about a pumpkin.
• What do you dislike about pumpkins?
• Write 5 facts about pumpkins
• Design a pumpkin costume
• Write a story about pumpkins
• Create an AB pattern using pumpkins and leaves
• Write a number story about pumpkins
• Create an addition sum using pumpkin pictures
• Create a subtraction sum using pumpkins
• Estimate how many pumpkins could fit inside your bath tub?
• What shape is a pumpkin? Draw 3 other objects shaped like a pumpkin.
Cut and Paste Fall Theme Sight Word Activities
Fall Sight Word Pack is a kit of no prep printables! There are a variety of Fall and Halloween cut and paste worksheets for students to consolidate their understanding of sight word recognition.
This pack includes two sets in color and black and white:
• A variety of cut and paste Fall/Halloween theme cut and paste sight word worksheets & answer sheets - read the simple sentence and match the picture.
Fall Simple and Compound Sentence Sorts
Fall Simple and Compound Sentences Sort is a fun and engaging way for your students to identify and revise their sentences. For this activity students will sort the sentences into the correct category: simple or compound. This activity is great to use in your daily literacy centers.
This pack includes two sets in color and black lined version:
• Teacher instruction sheet
• Fifteen Fall/Halloween simple sentences
• Fifteen Fall/Halloween compound sentences
• Two headers - simple and compound
• Student response sheet - black and white only
• Answer sheet - black and white only
Simply print and laminate the sheets onto hard card stock paper for durability. Then cut and the sorts are ready to be used in your literacy centers. Students could also copy their simple and compound sentences into their writing books.
Word Sorts - Fall Theme
Literacy sorting pack - kit of NO PREP printables! There are a variety of sorting cut and paste worksheets for students to consolidate their understanding of nouns, verbs, adjectives, syllables and sight words. These sorting activities would be great to use for: literacy centers, homework, early finishers or morning work.
This kit consists of:
• 2 cut and paste sorting worksheets & answer sheets -sort Fall words into nouns/adjectives & nouns/verbs
• 1 cut and paste sorting worksheets & answer sheet- sort Fall words into syllables
• 9 cut and paste worksheets - sorting sight words & answer sheets
Fall Coloring - Fine Motor Skills
These Fall themed fine motor coloring sheets are perfect for students to use to assist them with their fine motor skills. Great activity to incorporate into your literacy rotations or morning work.
There are two versions to choose from for each fall themed pictures: dotted or dashed lines.
The fall themed pictures include: pumpkin, leaves, wagon, fall boy and girl, tree, acorn and crow.
Fine motor coloring sheets can be printed off and students can trace and color them or they can also be laminated onto hard card stock paper and the students can be trace the cards using whiteboard markers.
Johnny Appleseed - Sentence Starters
This sentence pack contains 22 bright and colorful sentence starter task cards. These sentence starters are designed to be used after reading the popular folk tale, 'Johnny Appleseed.'
The Johnny Appleseed sentence starters can be utilized in a variety of ways:
• comprehension activity - Students read a task card then re-write the sentences in their literacy books and complete the sentence.
• writing - practice writing simple and compound sentences.
• Assessment - test students understanding of the folk tale
• silly sentences - students can create silly sentences from the sentence starters
Simply print and laminate and you have a great resource that are perfect to use in your literacy centers!
Johnny Appleseed - Expanding Noun Group Worksheets
This Johnny Appleseed pack contains 21 vibrantly colored printable worksheets. The worksheets include fun printables that helps students grasp the concepts of nouns and noun groups. The Johnny Appleseed pack includes:
• 10 cut & paste Johnny Appleseed worksheets - students cut & paste the words from the boxes to create noun groups.These worksheets are good for students who require extra support in literacy and it also helps develop their fine motor skills.
• 10 close Johnny Appleseed printables - students write their own words to create noun groups, then they are to construct a sentence using one of the noun groups from the worksheet. These activities are great for students who have grasped the concepts of noun groups and require further extension.
• answer sheet for cut & paste worksheets
When students can use noun groups effectively it will greatly enhance their writing. It can be incorporated into your unit plans when teaching descriptive writing, reports, poetry, sentence construction and narratives.
Johnny Appleseed - Synonym Printables
Synonyms Worksheets - NO PREP Johnny Appleseed Pack includes fun printables that assists students to grasp the concepts of synonyms. The pack includes a total of 20 worksheets:
• 10 cut & paste worksheets - students cut & paste the words from the boxes to create synonyms for adjectives.These worksheets are good for students who require extra support in literacy and it also helps develop their fine motor skills.
• 10 printable worksheets - students write their own synonyms to replace adjectives, then they are to construct a sentence using one of the synonyms from the worksheet. Students can use a thesaurus to help them write their synonyms. These activities are great for students who have grasped the concepts of synonyms and require further extension.
These Johnny Appleseed synonym worksheets enable students to expand their vocabulary and become effective writers. It can be incorporated into your unit plans when teaching descriptive writing, reports, poetry & narratives.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.