FIRST GRADE #4, day 180 (end of year)
This math assessment serves three purposes:
1. It provides evidence of your students’ progress on the standards of the Common Core.
2. It gives you data you need to fill out report cards at the end of the year.
It’s attractive, fun, and easy to administer. It includes a script, so it can be done by you, an aide, or a parent helper. I usually break it down to do over three days during the last couple weeks of school, with groups of 6 students sitting at a round table while other students are reading or doing free play.
If you like this product and it fits your teaching style, please also look at my math assessments for Day 1, Day 60, and Day 120. Each one is a bit more difficult than the previous one. Doing all four during the year will provide you with a portfolio of evidence for each student’s progress in math literacy.
* Doubles, neighbors. Sums to make 10. Add 3 numbers within 20. Add a single digit number to a 2 digit number. CCSS 1.0A.A.1, CCSS 1.0A.A2, CCSS 1.0A.B.3, 1.0A.B.4, CCSS 1.01.D.8
* Relate counting to addition and subtraction. CCSS 1.01.C.5
* Write numbers 0-120. CCSS 1.NBT.A.1
* Measure by comparing known objects. CCSS 1.MD.A.1-2
* Base 10: Count by 10s. Give total represented by single blocks, 10-sticks, and a 100-block. Story problems adding 10 and subtracting 10 from two digit numbers. CCSS 1.NBT.B.2(.A-.C)
* Demonstrate “greater than” and “less than.” Understand “equals” symbol. CCSS 1.0A.D.7, CCSS 1.NBT.B.3
* Understand quarters and halves. CCSS 1.G.A.E
* Draw and describe geometric shapes. CCSS 1.G.A.1-2
* Count, chart, and compare numbers of items in a group. CCSS 1.MD.C.4
* Clocks: tell time on the hour and half hour. CCSS 1.MD.B.3
* Calendar: today, tomorrow, day, month and year.