First Grade Math Center | Measurement | Comparing Lengths of Two Objects
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Reinforce all of the Common Core Math Standards for 1st grade with these hands- on and digital centers! This bundle includes 12 distance learning activities for Google Slides (™) or PowerPoint(™) and 52 printable centers (64 centers total), making it great for hybrid classrooms! Originally created tPrice $39.20Original Price $56.00Save $16.80
- Reinforce measurement skills with these farm- themed, Common Core- aligned, hands- on centers for first grade math! This bundle includes ONE digital activity for Google Slides (™) or PowerPoint(™) and 4 printable centers (5 centers total), making it great for hybrid classrooms! Originally created toPrice $3.60Original Price $4.00Save $0.40
- Reinforce all of the Common Core Math Standards for 1st grade with these hands- on and digital centers! This extra- large bundle includes a combination of digital and printable activities that make perfect additions to any standards- based, first grade math curriculum. The following products are incPrice $58.00Original Price $86.00Save $28.00
- Reinforce all of the Common Core Math Standards for 1st grade with these hands- on centers! This bundle includes 52 printable math centers to keep your students engaged for the entire year. Originally created to supplement the first grade Go Math! program, these activities make a perfect addition toPrice $31.50Original Price $45.00Save $13.50
Reinforce measurement skills in your first grade classroom with this hands- on, Common Core- aligned math activity! Barnyard Games is a printable math center that will help your students practice comparing the length of two objects indirectly by using a third object. Use this center to supplement any standards- based, 1st grade math curriculum!
1.MD.A.1 Order three objects by length; compare the lengths of two objects indirectly by using a third object.
1.MD.A.2 Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps.
Directions: The farm animals are playing a game! Who can take the longest jump from the barn to the tractor? Measure the jumps with unifix cubes. Write your work on a record sheet!
This printable math center includes:
- 20 measurement cards
- Printable unifix cube strips
- Answer key
- “Directions” page, storage label, and 2 record sheets
- Color and black & white versions to help you save on ink!
Check out the preview for an up- close look!
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as an individual, partner, or small-group center!
- Engage your students during targeted, small-group instruction!
- Invite students to use when they finish other assignments early!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually, in partners/groups, or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards-based activity!
- Print black & white copies to send home with your struggling students for extra practice!
Find this center in the following bundles:
- First Grade Math Centers BUNDLE | Measurement
- First Grade Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE | 64 Standards- Based Activities
*** Sample my work with these FREEBIES:
Freebie for Set 1: Good Clues, Bad Clues
Freebie for Set 3: Put 'Em to Bed - for Google Slides(TM) & PowerPoint(TM)
Freebie for Set 4: To the Rescue
Freebie for Set 6: Fill the Nest
Freebie for Set 8: New Tools, Broken Tools
Freebie for Set 9: Feeding Time
Bonus Freebie: Monster Doubles- for Google Slides(TM) & PowerPoint(TM)
Bonus Freebie: Penguin Place Value- for Google Slides(TM) & PowerPoint(TM)
Find more engaging first grade math centers from Little Owl’s Teacher Treats:
Set 1: Addition Concepts
Set 2: Subtraction Concepts
Set 3: Addition Strategies
Set 4: Subtraction Strategies
Set 5: Addition and Subtraction Relationships
Set 6: Count and Model Numbers
Set 7: Compare Numbers
Set 8: Two-Digit Addition and Subtraction
Set 9: Measurement
Set 10: Represent Data
Set 11: Three-Dimensional Geometry
Set 12: Two- Dimensional Geometry
*** Follow Little Owl's Teacher Treats on TPT for frequent updates, including a "First of the Month" freebie!
*** Subscribe to Little Owl’s monthly newsletter to receive freebies directly to your inbox!