PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Your students will love practicing first grade math skills with these 10 hands-on learning activities! Each CCSS aligned math center includes everything you need to playfully teach and learn, with complete instructions and follow up worksheets. These centers are ocean and pirate themed, great to keep students engaged at the end of the school year!
First Grade Math Centers Month 9 includes these 10 activities:
- Making Waves addition (adding a 2 digit and a 1 digit number, adding a 2 digit number and a multiple of 10)
- Pirate Time Puzzles (telling time to the hour and half hour)
- Ocean Shapes (making composite shapes with 2D shapes - pattern blocks)
-Take it Away (subtracting multiples of 10 from multiples of 10)
- Ocean Addition and Subtraction Word Problems for First Grade (addition and subtraction within 20)
- Pirates Sequencing 3 Numbers (numbers to 99)
- Deep Blue Sea Subtraction (subtraction as an unknown addend)
- Ocean Measurement (non-standard units of measure)
- Graphing Center (4 graphs to complete as a class)
You can see everything that is included in the preview!
This resource is also available in my:
First Grade Math Centers Year Long Bundle. If you've bought the bundle, then you already own this resource! Don't have it yet? You can save big with bundle pricing!
These centers can be used alone, or in conjunction with my Daily Math for First Grade resources, which are available separately:
For more first grade math activities, you may also like:
Thank you for visiting Paula's Primary Classroom. All new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours. To be notified when new activities become available, and of upcoming sales, please click on the green star below my store name and follow me. Followers and feedback are greatly appreciated!
Have a great day!
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Paula Beckerman and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
The original purchaser may:
-make copies for the purchaser’s classroom, including homeschooling, or tutor sessions,
-make one copy for backup purposes, but not with intent to redistribute,
-direct other interested persons to my store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Paulas-Primary-Classroom
- purchase additional licenses for others at a discount. To do so, go to your “My Purchases” page on TpT, locate the resource, and choose “Buy Additional License”.
You may not:
-claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks,
-attempt to copy or remove any included graphics, as the original clip artists retain all rights to their original works.
-share this product (in part or in its entirety) with others,
-repackage and/or sell or giveaway this product (in part or in its entirety) to others,
-offer or share this product (in part or in its entirety) anywhere on the internet as a download or copy including, but not limited to, personal sites, school sites, Google Doc links on blogs or sites, internet sharing groups, news lists, or shared databases,
-make copies of purchased items to share with others.
Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).