PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1st Grade Math Unit 10: Time is the tenth unit of my First Grade Math Boom Card series. There are twelve units in all and each unit is packed with nine games that were made to engage young learners. In this unit, students will tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks. Students will also practice the concept of elapsed time. This unit was made with first grade in mind, but you can adapt it to your lessons to review the skills with second graders and to challenge high level kindergarteners. You can purchase these games individually at my Boom Learning store here.
This unit covers the following first grade Common Core standards:
1.MD.3 Tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks.
What is included? (Please download the preview)
· Students will read the analog clock and tell the time by the hour.
· Student will read time to the hour and half-hour.
· Students will look at the clocks and choose the correct one for the given time.
· Students will look at the clock and tell the time.
· Students will practice telling the time to the hour and half-hour.
· Students will tell time to the hour and half- hour. Direction: Choose the time that is different from the other two.
· Students will estimate how long it takes to do certain activities in seconds, minutes, or hours.
· Students will practice the concept of elapsed time. (hours and half-hours)
· Students will read the word problems and practice the concept of elapsed time.
These digital task cards would be perfect for:
- Whole Class Instruction
- Small Group Instruction
- Independent Work
You are buying Boom Cards: cloud-based digital resources. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (released in the last three years). Free player apps are also available. Not sure if your browser is modern enough? Try FREE Boom Card deck first.
To use Boom Cards, YOU MUST OPEN AT LEAST A FREE Boom Learning Account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Click the links inside the product .pdf to redeem your Boom Cards and create an account (or add to your account if you already have one). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts include the ability to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.
If you are new to Boom Learning, you will receive a 90-day free premium upgrade that includes student progress reports for up to 150 students. At the end of the trial period, you will be invited to purchase the upgrade. If you do not, you will be moved to a free account. You may upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time. If you do not upgrade, you can continue using your purchased Boom Cards with Fast Play.
Thank you for visiting my store!