This packet is filled with fun learning activities that will be very engaging for first graders. It includes both math and literacy and there is very little preparation to use this file. Almost everything is in print-friendly black ink. There are eight pages in color which you don't have to use for this file to work for you.
There are two blog posts about this product. Follow the math or literacy links below if you would like to learn more.
This file includes the following literacy activities:
1. Valentine theme cut and paste rhyming words for vowels a, e, i, o, and u with the CVCV, CVVC, and CCVVC patterns
2. Cut and order words for scrambled sentences
3. Teacher modeling cards for scrambled sentences (in color only)
4. Syllable work for words with 1, 2, and 3 syllables
5. Cut and paste root words and prefix -un
6. Cut and paste verbs and verbs with inflected ending -ing
7. Crossword puzzle with Cloze sentences
8. Motor worksheets (1 for left to right and 1 for top to bottom)
9. High frequency words memory game
10. Antonyms coloring sheet
This file includes the following math activities:
1. Valentine probability activities with terms "equally likely", "certain", more likely, less likely, and impossible (no percentage)
2. Recording data and graphing data
3. Printable book with word problems to read, illustrate, and solve.
The preview file shows part of what you'll get.
Many of the activities will only require pencils, scissors, glue/glue sticks, and crayons. If you use the take-home math booklet, you will also need a stapler. Here are the items you will need to have on hand to complete all the activities:
1. Six crayons or markers (must have red, pink, and yellow)
3. Glue or small glue sticks
5. One number cube per child (dice)
6. Eight small plastic or wooden cubes per child (or substitute with pennies)
7. Paper lunch bags or some other type of containers (one per child)
8. Small stamps (one per child - needed for two or the three syllable worksheets)
9. Stapler - for the math book
Your purchase is for personal and single classroom use only.
Valentine's Day is on Tuesday, February 14th. Do you need Valentine cards? Check these out:
VALENTINE'S DAY CARDS