PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource includes everything you need to teach the first grade NGSS 1-ESS-1 Earth's Place in the Universe Unit. These science lesson plans will engage your students for hours and make your life so much easier!
✅YOU SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO YouTube as there are many suggested videos.
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 - What is in the Sky?
Lesson 2 - Investigating the Sun
Lesson 3 - The Sun's Role in Day and Night
Lesson 5 - The Sun and Seasons
Lesson 6 - The Earth's Moon
Lesson 7 - Final Project Showing Patterns
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- detailed lesson plans
- YouTube and book suggestions for each unit; all of which have been previewed
- website suggestions
- 24 essential vocabulary cards
- "Reach for the Stars" motivational poster
- astronomer poster
- posters of each of the seasons
- poster showing moon in the daytime sky
- phases of the moon poster
- Big Dipper poster
- KLEWS Chart
- cover for students unit folder
- observation recording sheets
- sun facts reading and cloze
- phases of the moon mini booklet
- directions and template for making a model of the sun, earth, and, moon revolving
- seasons booklet with full paragraph readings
- stars facts reading and cloze
- directions for making animal constellations
- student worksheets
- thematic writing paper
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.