This resource includes everything you need to teach the first grade NGSS 1-LS1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes and 1-LS3 Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Traits.
I like to call it everything you need to learn about plants and animals for the Next Gen.
✅YOU SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO YouTube as there are many suggested videos.
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 - What are the Needs of All Living Things
Lesson 2 - Our External Parts
Lesson 3 - External Parts of Animals
Lesson 5 - External Parts of Plants
Lesson 6 - How Do Living Things Use Their External Parts to Meet Their Needs
Lesson 7 - What is Heredity?
Lesson 8 - STEAM Challenge: Design Equipment or Clothing to Protect a Bicyclist
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- detailed lesson plans
- YouTube and book suggestions for each unit; all of which have been previewed
- website suggestions
- 24 essential vocabulary cards
- Biologist poster
- poster of what living things need to survive
- internal/external parts sort
- animal classification posters
- Types of Animals and Their Special Body Parts Booklet
- KLEWS Chart
- roots and stem observations using germination bags dierections
- stem experiment directions
- leaf investigation directions
- flower investigation directions
- observation recording sheets
- habitat posters
- Habitats Mini Book
- What habitat do I live in? riddles
- Engineering and Design Process Posters
- student worksheets
- thematic writing paper
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.