PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource includes everything you need to teach the first grade NGSS 1-PS4 Waves and their Applications in Technology for Information Transfer.
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 - What is Sound?
Lesson 2 - Sound Vibrations
Lesson 3 - What is Light?
Lesson 5 - Shadows
Lesson 6 - Opaque, Transluscent, and Transparent
Lesson 7 - Design a Device That Will Communicate From One Tent to Another Tent
Included within this resource are:
- the standards
- sound and light energy mini posters
- sound and light energy mini booklets
- loud sounds/soft sounds posters
- student worksheets
- suggested YouTubes and books
- directions for making a kazoo and stringed instrument
- poster on how the ear works
- natural and man-made light sorting activity
- shadow investigation
- transparent, translucent, and opaque investigation
- engineering and design process posters
- 19 essential vocabulary cards
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.