First Grade Narrative Writing Prompts and Worksheets
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you looking for 1st grade writing prompts? You'll love these opinion writing, narrative writing, how to writing, and informational writing worksheets for no prep writing centers and writing lessons.This bundle will ensure that you have writing covered for the whole year! It features 4 resourcesPrice $10.00Original Price $18.00Save $8.00
- You're going to LOVE these kindergarten and 1st grade narrative writing prompts, monster and snow globe writing crafts, and narrative writing PowerPoint!This NO PREP bundle is exactly what you need for fun, engaging, and enjoyable story writing lessons.What is included? (Please view previews)An 21 sPrice $11.19Original Price $19.50Save $8.31
These narrative writing prompts are a must-have for teaching story writing. If you want fun and engaging prompts for writing personal narratives, fictional stories, and recounts, then this is perfect for your 1st grade writing lessons or writing centers.
This story writing resource has 25 prompts in 5 different worksheet styles, with 5 blank templates. This is no prep, simply print and go!
*NOTE - This activity has the Easel digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
These narrative writing worksheets are common core aligned to the grade 1 writing standard:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.1.3 - Write narratives in which they recount two or more appropriately sequenced events, include some details regarding what happened, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure.
Note: These worksheets can still be used for second graders who are working below their grade level.
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer's Workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded with boxes or steps, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
First, Then, Next, Last with Picture Boxes
- My Camping Trip, My Vacation, My Recess, My Day at the Beach, My Sick Day, Blank Template
3 Pictures Prompt
- Fairy Tale, Space Adventure, Hunt for Treasure, The Thief, The Little Frog, Blank Template
First, Then, Next, Last Writing Boxes
- If I Saw a Shark, If I Turned Into a Robot, If I Had a Pet Dinosaur, If I Were Royalty, If I Met a Troll, Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- The Magic Castle, I Saw a Superhero, My Pirate Adventure, The Day I Turned Into a Mermaid, The Day I Met a Unicorn, Blank Template
Lined Writing Page
- My First Day of School, My Summer, My Ouch, My Birthday, My Trip to the Zoo, Blank Template
Narrative Writing Prompt/Worksheet FREEBIE
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)
First Grade Opinion Writing Prompts
First Grade Procedure Writing Prompts
First Grade Informational Writing Prompts
First Grade Writing Worksheets/Prompts Bundle