Ready to use substitute lesson plans for a complete school day! Everything is written for you! The activities are engaging and hands on. All you need to do is program (this is an electronic copy so go ahead and type before printing) the class schedule, the class procedures sheet and the content lesson time periods for your specific classroom so the sub knows when to do what. Then place the plans and a class roster in a folder on your desk. That's it! You can keep the plans on your desk for an emergency situation or use them for a scheduled absence. The only materials you need to make sure the sub and students have access to are everyday desk/tub items such as pencils, crayons, scissors, glue, writing paper, construction paper and a white board or chalkboard. You can pick and choose which lessons to include in your substitute folder for the day. This first grade level kit contains:
1. The programmable information sheets & programmable class schedule
2. 45-60 minute reading lesson (fairy tale read aloud, phonemic awareness/phonics, story retell)
3. 45-60 minute math lesson (creating/solving number stories)
4. 30-45 minute writing lesson (class story)
5. 30 minute spelling lesson (spelling game)
6. 30 minute science lesson (sound hunt)
7. 30 minute social studies lesson (classroom map)
8. 30 minute art lesson (warm/cool colors)
9. 30 minute extension lesson (day review).
The lessons are designed to be presented in a way consistent to the standard cycle of instruction. So, treat yourself and enjoy your day off! As teachers we all know the truth. It is honestly easier to go ahead and drag yourself into school when sick or cancel the long overdue appointment than it is to plan for a substitute during an emergency or planned absent. As a teacher, you have an enormous amount work to do and content to cover. In addition, those of you working as subs, have the daunting responsibility of reporting into a brand new job each day without specific classroom information. These lesson plans were written for regular primary/elementary classrooms and substitute teachers. More First Grade, Kindergarten, second grade, third grade and K-3 Spanish substitute lesson plans are also available on TpT.
Graphics from: www.mycutegraphics.com
Fonts from: Fonts 4 Teachers
This Work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License