Products in this Bundle (3)
This bundle contains three resources to help build reading comprehension in 1st graders. Includes reading passages with comprehension questions, cut-and-glue main idea worksheets, and compare and contrast activities.
- BONUS FILE: editable Venn diagram for additional compare and contrast activities
COMPREHENSION PASSAGES AND QUESTIONS:
This is a set of 15 different reading passages with comprehension questions perfect for first grade homework or assessment.
Each page includes a short text in a large, easy-to-read font, followed by three comprehension questions. Two are multiple choice and the third is short response.
Students are prompted to read each passage three times and color in a smiley face each time they read it before answering the question.
Multiple choice questions have two possible answer choices with large “bubble” circles for students to color to indicate their answer. Great practice for standardized testing.
These are provided in two different formats and includes answer keys.
MAIN IDEA AND DETAILS WORKSHEETS:
This set of no-prep activities is designed to give first graders practice reading a short passage, answering text-based questions, and finding the main idea.
There are 8 sets of worksheets in this pack:
- The first page of each set features a short story or informational passage. Students will read the passage and then use the text to answer three comprehension questions.
- The second page is a cut-and-glue graphic organizer. Students cut out three statements from the text and glue them onto the graphic organizer to show which is the main idea and which are the details.
- Each set also includes answer keys.
COMPARE AND CONTRAST:
This set of activities will guide young readers through learning how to compare and contrast.
- 9 full-color graphic organizers including Venn diagrams, bubble maps, and organizational tables. The first two organizers focus on just comparing and then just contrasting. This allows students to fully understand the concepts separately before putting them together.
- 2 black and white graphic organizers to copy for student use
- 8 story cards for individual or small group practice. Each card includes picture cards of the objects being compared. Students look at the pictures, read the passage, and complete a graphic organizer to compare and contrast the objects. This activity integrates well into writing. Students can use their completed graphic organizers as planning sheets for a compare and contrast writing piece.