This unit contains literacy activities for First Grade Reading Street A Big Fish For Max. 2013 edition.
2 anchor charts: “Sequence” and “Plot.”
These can be printed poster sized or sent
to Staples to be printed.
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Shelby the Shark” Game for short th/sh
• Noun task cards...can be used at a center
or can be used to play Scoot
•5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0).
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words...laminate and place in word
• Write the Room for short sh/th words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture & write a sentence for each.
• A Big Fish Sequencing craftivity.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: