Literacy Acitivities for First Grade Reading Street A Fox and a Kit. 2013 Edition.
• 2 anchor charts: “Main Idea & Details” and
“Nonfiction” These can be printed poster
sized or sent to Staples to be printed.
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Looking on the Bright Side” Game for
short ing words.
• Declarative Sentence task cards…can be
used at a center or can be used to play
•5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0).
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words…laminate and place in word
• Write the Room for short ing words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture for each.
• Fox facts craftivity.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: