This unit is filled with literacy activities for Life in the Forest.
• 1 anchor chart: “Author’s Purpose”
anchor chart; I have a free author’s
purpose anchor chart in my store that can
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Pete the Mule” Game for long u words.
• Singular and Plural Nouns task cards…can
be used at a center or can be used to play
• Amazing Words: one page for each word
with a picture and definition. These pages
can be printed for display or can be
projected on Smart Board when
introduced. Words are also written on
stars to be put up in the room.
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words…laminate and place in word
• Write the Room for long u words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture & write a sentence for each.
• Descriptive Writing activity.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: