This unit is filled with literacy activities for Pig in a Wig. It is based on 2013 First Grade Reading Street. It can easily be used with the older editions. The skills have not changed.
2 anchor charts: “Plot” and “Summarize.” These
can be printed poster sized or sent to Staples to
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Big Pig” Game for short i words.
• Subject task cards…can be used at a center or
can be used to play Scoot
•5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0)
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words…laminate and place in word work
• Write the Room for short i words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture for each.
• Pig in a Wig summarizing craftivity.
My firsties always loved creating. If you haven't incorporated a fun craft with the Reading Street story I encourage you to try just one. :0)
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: