Literacy activities for First Grade Reading Street Ruby in Her Own Time Contents include:
• 1 anchor charts: “Compare and Contrast”
These can be printed poster sized or sent to
Staples to be printed.
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Don’t Get Skunked” Game for nk & ng
• Verbs that add -s in sentences task cards…can
be used at a center or can be used to play
• Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on
Smart Board when introduced. Words are also
written on stars to be put up in the room.
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words…laminate and place in word
• Write the Room for ng & nk words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture for each.
• “What I like about Ruby” craftivity.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: