• 3 anchor charts: “Characters” “Setting”
and “Animal Fantasy.” These can be printed
poster sized or sent to Staples to be
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Socks the Ox” Game for short o words.
• Predicate task cards…can be used at a
center or can be used to play Scoot
•5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0).
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words…laminate and place in word
• Write the Room for short o words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture for each.
• Big Blue Ox animal fantasy craftivity.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: