2 anchor charts: “Sequence” and “Inferring”
These can be printed poster sized or sent to
Staples to be printed.
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Jump Rope With Hope” Game for long o
• Proper Nouns task cards...can be used at a
center or can be used to play Scoot
•5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0).
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words...laminate and place in word
• Write the Room for long o words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
• T-rex craftivity...With common core it is so
important for firsties to become independent learners. So...they will research the T-rex. Then draw a picture and write a sentence for each box on the form.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: