• 1 anchor chart: “Cause and Effect” It can
be printed poster sized or sent to Staples
to be printed.
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Don’t Be Late for the Plane” Game for
long a words.
• Proper Noun task cards…can be used at a
center or can be used to play Scoot
•5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0).
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words…laminate and place in word
• Write the Room for long a words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture & write a sentence for each.
• The Farmer in the Hat writing craftivity.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: