Are you sharing your students' frustration of weekly spelling tests? Are you working towards reducing the amount of tests given while increasing good instructional time in your classroom? This Spelling Plan has been carefully thought out and created to limit the number of spelling assessments to two-three per quarter. This plan directly aligns with first grade common core standards.
This pack includes:
- Parent informational note explaining the spelling assessment procedures
- "Out of the Box" home spelling practice ideas handout to send home to families
- Spelling Word Lists: Use these to send home to students. Spelling word lists chunk words according to spelling pattern and include information regarding assessment, as well as the standards that will be mastered.
-Spelling Word Cards: Print onto colored paper, cut, & laminate to create flashcards, movable alphabet guides, and/or display cards.
- Spelling Assessment Paper
- Practice Spelling Assessment Paper
- Bright Common Core Standard display cards to use on any focus wall
- Chalkboard and brights themed "Spelling" bunting for bulletin boards or to title focus walls!
Erica 1 D'Nelian Font
KG Chalkboard Font
KG Always a Good Time Font
KG Drops of Jupiter Font
School Favorites (Creative Clips Digital Clipart)- Krista Wallden
Stella Jumbo Papers and Clip Art-Teaching Super Power