This is a full year of teaching first grade! This map is organized by trimesters. Each trimester has a big idea concept:
1. Movement and Motion
Standards from each subject area are listed so you know exactly what you should be teaching and when. The subjects include:
1. Science (state of Michigan standards)
2. Social Studies (state of Michigan standards)
3. Reading (Common Core State Standards)
4. Writing (Common Core State Standards)
5. Speaking and Listening (Common Core State Standards)
6. Math (Common Core State Standards)
The order of the standards were decided based on two criteria:
1. When does it make sense for first grade students to work on this skill? Is it a beginning of the year skill or should it wait until they are a little older?
2. Which big idea does this skill fit best with? Can this skill be taught under the umbrella of the big idea?
This is an editable word document so you can make changes and adjustments if needed. You can download the first trimester in my preview file!