If you are teaching Houghton Mifflin's First Grade Curriculum, this package contains numerous great resources for Theme 5! It has reproducible pages for a variety of the concepts covered:
- high frequency or sight words for each week
- reading strategies covered during Theme 5, such as: generalizations, cause/effect, compare/contrast through Venn Diagram, sequence of events
- phonics skills covered during Theme 5, such as: digraphs, endings, long vowel i
- grammar usage covered during Theme 5, such as: exclamation sentences, contraction use, use of I and me
- writing skills, such as: complete sentences, paragraph writing
*Please note that if you have purchased the First Grade Graphic Organizers set, some of the same graphic organizers are used with stories from this theme and are included as pages of this set.