If you are teaching Houghton Mifflin's First Grade Curriculum, this package contains numerous great resources for Theme 6! It has reproducible pages for a variety of the concepts covered:
- high frequency or sight words for each week
- reading strategies covered during Theme 6, such as: story map, main idea/details, summarizing, compare/contrast through Venn Diagram, making predictions
- phonics skills covered during Theme 6, such as: long vowel u, long vowel e, long vowels ai/ay
- grammar usage covered during Theme 6, such as: nouns, plural nouns
- writing topics, such as: writing to persuade, writing with a main idea/details
*Please note that if you have purchased the First Grade Graphic Organizers set, some of the same graphic organizers are used with stories from this theme and are included pages of this set.