Writing journal prompts!
You do not have to even think about a topic for the day! The planning is done for you. There are a few pages mixed in for free writing of the student's choice. Just print out for each student. There is room for staples at the top.
I included a page at the very end of just writing paper in case you wanted to copy that to the back of each page for those students who keep writing and writing!
Here are the topics/prompts:
1. What do you like to do in the summer time?
2. How did you feel on the first day of first grade? Draw a picture of something you did on that day.
3. What is your favorite book? Why?
4. What are you good at? What is your talent?
5. Why do kids have to go to school?
6. Write about the best day ever. What would you do?
7. If I received three wishes, I’d wish for…
8. If I could be an animal, I would be…
9. Do you like music or movies better? Why?
10. Would you rather have a pet cat or dog? Why?
11. Write about anything you want!
12. What do you like best about our classroom?
13. My favorite thing to do with my parents is…
14. My best friend is _____ because…
15. My favorite thing to do at recess is…
16. Write about a time you and a friend argued. What did you do?
17. What is your favorite color? Why?
18. Describe your bedroom.
19. Describe what you do right before bedtime.
20. ______is my favorite season because….
21. If I could change one thing about the world, I’d change…
22. What is your favorite toy? What do you like about it?
23. My favorite part of school is ________ because…..
24. Would you rather play inside or outside on the weekend? Why?
25. Write about anything you want!
26. What is your favorite food? Why?
27. Write about a time you had to wait a long time for something.
28. If you could be principal for a day, what would you do?
29. What did you do in gym class?
30. What did you do in at class?
31. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
32. What is your favorite thing about your teacher?
33. The best dessert is_______, because…
34. How do you know your parents love you?
35. What is the best birthday gift you ever received?
36. Write about anything you want!
37. Write about a time you answered a question in class. How did you feel?
38. What did you do after school yesterday?
39. Have you ever been on a really long car ride? What did you do? Where did you go?
40. What is your favorite part about school?
41. If you could be teacher for a day, what would you do?
42. Tell about a time you were with your grandparents.
43. Write something nice about your friend.
44. Who is a good role model? Who do you look up to?
45. Reward page " Great Job Writing, _____! Keep it up!"
The prompts go along with the common core standards for writing. Also, these journals are excellent keepsakes for parents. You will be amazed at their growth as they go along and keep writing!
Enjoy! And Thank you!