This program goes along with the skills introduced in the reading series Journeys and combines the principles of the Core Connections writing program. It is designed to strengthen students’ writing process, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and penmanship.
This program includes:
• 29 Posters (Pronouns; Questions; Compound Questions; Prefix re-; Dialogue; Narrative Writing; The Writing Process; Prewriting and Drafting; Revising and Editing; Publishing; Core Connections Writing Principles; Pronouns I and Me; Compound Sentences, Conjunctions; Using a Dictionary; Possessive Pronouns; Proper Nouns for Days, Months, and Holidays; Classify; Summary; Indefinite Pronouns; Verbs in the Future Tense; Multiple-Meaning Words; Context Clues; Describing Characters; Adjectives; Contractions; Prepositions; Synonyms; and Thesaurus.
• Handwriting Practice
• Grammar: personal pronouns; compound questions; personal pronouns I and Me; compound sentences; possessive pronouns; names of months, days, holidays; indefinite pronouns; future tense verbs with will and going to; contractions; and prepositional phrases
• Spelling: r-controlled vowel ar, er, ir, ur; vowel digraph oo; digraphs oo, ou, ew; diphthongs ow and ou
• Vocabulary Worksheets for: prefix re-; using a dictionary; define words by category and key attributes, multiple-meaning words; using a thesaurus (synonyms)
• Writing: Narrative Writing; Story Sentences; Dialogue; Using Exact Verbs; Write a Summary; Describe Characters; Draft, Revise, Proofread, and Publish a narrative story
• Core Connections: 5 worksheets (one for every week) that go along with the anchor text/theme
• And many more activities! (Please see preview)
• Answer Keys
**Units 1-6 are ready and available in my store. You can save 10% if you buy the bundle; also available in my store**
Thank you so much for considering this product. If you like it, please rate it and leave feedback. If you like what you see, please follow me. Best wishes! :)