First Grade Writing Unit of Study – Personal Narratives – for Writer’s Workshop
We have everything you need to set up a Personal Narratives Unit of Writer’s Workshop in your first grade classroom! Each of the 20 lesson plans included follows the writing workshop model and provides details on how to teach each topic. All of the materials needed are also provided, as well as optional suggested mentor texts throughout the unit. Teaching personal narratives in your first grade classroom has never been easier!
What’s Included in This Unit of Study:
1. A short overview of the structure of writing workshops
2. Calendar of all of the lessons for this unit of study (20 in all)
3. 20 daily lesson plans that detail:
- Materials and supplies for the lesson
- Learning objective(s)
- Common Core Standards targeted
- Full teaching plan for the day
- Helpful suggestions to make your lesson go smoothly
- Notes section to document ideas or things you notice during that lesson
4. All handouts, anchor charts, and writing templates for each lesson, with multiple versions of most templates provided for easy differentiation
6. Letter to Caregivers
7. Conference Chart
This product is for single classroom or personal use ONLY. This may not be distributed or copied for more than one teacher, classroom, school, or school district.