Looking for a fun way to introduce yourself and your students on the first day back to school?
This is the assignment I give the first day of school to all of my students. It requires students to gather items that well represent who they are for an identity presentation in the next class period.
The activity helps me to start building a community in my classroom by allowing students to find commonalities among their classmates, but it also establishes a routine of having and completing homework for my class.
More importantly, I create and present my own Identity Bag to help the students learn more about me. I introduce facts about my love of Disney, my desire to always have my toes in the sand at the beach, my love of dance, may favorite movies, and so on. It makes me real to my students and encourages them to share about themselves.
This is a word document so you can modify it for your own classroom.
My picture is included as a model, but please change it to your own for your students to analyze!
• Back to School Classroom Organization & Management BUNDLE
• Back to School or End Year Find Someone Who Meet Activity for World History
• Back to School or End Year Review Early World History Meet & Greet Activity CCSS
• Social Studies Back to School Calendar & Writing Prompts
• First Day of School Lesson Plan for Teachers - Middle & High School
• First Day of School Find Someone Who Activity Sheet
• U.S. History Find Someone Who First Day, Review or End of Year Activity CCSS!
• Modern U.S. History Find Someone Who First Day of School or Review Activity CCSS