This Grade 5 cross-curricular Social Studies and Dance Unit is from the Ontario Curriculum. The resources is a complete unit that guides student students through their research and final writing project as they research a First Nations’ Dance. Detailed lesson plans provided as well as exemplars, writing and research templates, editing checklists and rubrics.
- Social Studies and Dance Curriculum links
- 15 detailed lessons if have PM Benchmark, 10 lessons if do not have this school resource
- First Nations Dancing Research Organizer Example and Blank Template
- Response/Critique Organizer (2 pages)
- Dance Performance Rubric
- Editing Checklist
- Response/Critique Rubric
- Website links
- List of First Nations’ Dances
- Student exemplars for “First Nations’ Dance Research Organizer” and 2, Level
4 writing exemplars for “Research Organizer” and “Response/Critique
Resource type: Unit Plans, Rubrics, Research templates
If you like this unit and want other resources or specific worksheets, organizers, learning skill comments, rubrics, lessons/units for Grade 5 and 6 please comment below and I will try to add them as requested.
Total pages is 21 including front and back cover.