Your students will enjoy this lesson whether they are in a traditional classroom or in the lab. Students can work on their gingerbread glyph either online, on a computer, or print out the materials and they can cut, paste and color as needed. Students will have a great time learning about glyphs, following rules, and the history of gingerbread houses.
Students can complete the gingerbread house using the Promethean software in about 20 minutes. If you were to print out the materials, students could complete their paper glyphs in about 40 minutes. Early finishers can use the file to locate virtual gingerbread house websites. I have done this lesson for the past seven years, and each year students have a blast. Additionally, this particular glyph lesson allows students to learn about one another.
This file comes complete with:
• The history of the gingerbread house
• Three virtual gingerbread house websites
• Two coloring sheets
• 1 virtual click and drag gingerbread house glyph
• 7 printable sheets to be used in a traditional classroom or center work
o 1 Gingerbread house story starter
o 1 Gingerbread house Glyph summary sheet
• I also included a pdf just in case you do not have Active studio.
There is no doubt that you will find each activity useful throughout the holiday week, month or even for an observation.