Also included in
- If you teach FIRST GRADE, this is THE first week and last week of school bundle for you!All the files in this back to school and end of year BUNDLE NOW INCLUDE a digital option in GOOGLE SLIDES™. Please refer to the final 7-10 pages of each file for instructions and links.PLEASE NOTE: You MUST USE$18.50$24.00Save $5.50
These back-to-school activities for 1st grade now include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 8 pages of the file for instructions and links.
This first week of school activities pack for 1st grade includes everything you'll need to establish a positive classroom climate and informally assess your student's writing abilities and their self-confidence!
The summer mini-book, back to school glyph, first of the year flip book, STEM challenge, and interest inventory are sure to help you understand your new class of students in no time and will also help students get to know each other!
These activities were specifically designed for 1st grade, but there are also First Week of School Activities products available for 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade in my TPT store!
PLEASE NOTE: The glyph in the printable file is DIFFERENT from the glyph in the Google Slides™ version due to the restrictions on using moveable clip art in Google activities.
This back to school activities product includes the following activities:
- Puzzle Quilt Bulletin Board - "We Fit Right In!"
- Summer Mini-book (students trace the first two words on each page and then complete the prompt on their own)
- STEM Challenge
- Back to School Flip Book
- Friendly Letter Template
- Letter to my 1st Grade Teacher
- Interest Inventory
- Back to School Glyph
- 1st Grade Bucket List Activity
All the activities in this First Week of School Activity Pack start the year on a positive note! Please see the thumbnails and preview for a sample and photos of the activities.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 6/9/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive--no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
Do you like to send a letter home to your parents and to your students at the beginning and the end of the year? These heart-felt letters from the teacher are sure to convey your genuine passion for teaching!
Get the bundle at a discount here:
Back to School Activity Packs for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade:
Are you interested in the corresponding End of the Year Activities, Awards, or Teacher Letters? Check out these best sellers here:
Kirsten Tulsian has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.