Also included in
- Need activities for the first week of school that will help you get to know your students and build classroom community? If you teach elementary school, this bundle has everything you need for back-to-school season! It includes both digital and printable student ice breakers, design challenges, "get$54.00$60.00Save $6.00
Are you struggling to find engaging student ice breakers for the first week of school without a ton of prep or stress? This bundle is for you! These first week of school activities will allow you to build your classroom community all while saving time. PLUS, you can use these games throughout the year. They are also PERFECT for Fun Fridays and Morning Meetings.
This bundle of games is ideal for upper grades, but many of the activities can be adapted for grades 1-2. Welcome your new classroom family back to school and help them get to know each other. Whether it is the first day of school or a Fun Friday later on, your students will be smiling ear to ear!
This bundle comes with BOTH Nearpod games and worksheet games. EVERYTHING in this bundle has a digital version.
Check out my blog for teaching ideas and freebies! OR Tune into my new podcast: Teachers Learn Too! (available on Spotify and Google Podcasts)
Every month, you will receive the newsletters for the upcoming month, as well as teaching tips and strategies. Join by visiting my blog and signing up at the bottom of my home page.
Nearpod is an engaging and interactive way to deliver instruction through distance learning and/or support your math centers. You can create a free Nearpod account, and the instructions for doing so are included in this bundle. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up.
Students can either join the lesson by using a desktop/Chromebook and going to the Nearpod website OR students can use the app on a tablet/ipad.
Nearpod can be used in two ways. These lessons can be assigned to your whole class simultaneously, allowing you to control your students' screens even when in a different location. This makes them perfect for distance learning!!! They can also be assigned to individual students to complete at their leisure, again making it ideal for distance learning. I LOVE to assign Nearpod lessons as independent work during centers. It gives students the opportunity to practice when working independently. The best part is that you will have access to reports that show you all of their answers. This makes for very useful data!
ABOUT THIS BUNDLE
This bundle includes 3 resources: Morning Meeting Nearpod Games, Student Ice Breakers Volume 1 (worksheets), and Student Ice Breakers Volume 2 (worksheets).
This product contains a Google Slides lesson (40 slides), an informative PDF to help you get started, and a link to a Nearpod lesson. Here is what's included:
- 2 check-in slides where students draw how they're feeling
- 9 slides describing various ways to greet each other in the mornings (6 greetings with descriptions)
- 9 slides describing various discussion topics (6 topics with sentence starters)
- 18 slides describing 6 games that can be played on Nearpod during live virtual meetings, including matching, drawing, and Time to Climb
- detailed descriptions of all games and activities for morning meeting
- a pacing guide describing how to implement virtual morning meeting during the first two weeks of school
- teaching tips and set-up instructions
This 29-slide product is a PDF file and contains the following:
- Ideas for BOTH In-Person Instruction and Distance Learning Implementation
- 5 printable versions of Student BINGO
- 5 digital versions of Student BINGO
- 2 double-sided printable Would You Rather worksheets
- 2 double-sided digital Would You Rather worksheets
- 2 extension activities
This 23-page product includes BOTH a PDF and an editable PowerPoint file. Each file contains the following:
- Game Instructions and Teacher Tips
- Sample Answer Sheets
- 5 Worksheets for 3...2...1
- 5 Unique Worksheets for Color and Search PLUS 5 editable versions
This 31-page product includes BOTH a PDF and a PowerPoint file. Each file contains the following:
- Teacher Instructions for Each Game
- Student Instructions for Each Game
- 5 Worksheets for Student Guess Who
- Blank Version for Student Guess Who
- Answer Key Template and Student Guessing Sheet for Student Guess Who
- 5 Worksheets for Individual Play of Artist Helper
- 5 Worksheets for Group Play of Artist Helper
Back to School MEGA Bundle - Grades K-6
Roll and Draw: Fun Friday Worksheets - Grades 1-6
FUN FRIDAY Nearpod Games - Grades 3-6
The Meme Game for Nearpod - Grades 3-6
Reading Workshop Starter Kit - Grades 3-6
Nearpod R-Controlled Vowels Differentiated Lessons - Grades 1-2
BOOM Diphthongs Bundle - Grades 2-3
Phonics ULTRA Bundle - Grades 1-2 (HUGE savings!!!)