In my 9 years of "First Weeks", I have repeated and perfected the best "Getting to Know You" and cooperative learning activities around. These lessons will lay a foundation for a cooperative, respectful classroom. It's fun to get to know your classmates, but as a teacher it's MOST important for students to learn how to treat each other. All of these activities are designed to get to know each other while learning how to treat each other.
There are 12 different activities...
1) My Favorite Read Alouds *1 p
2) Students work with words to discuss appropriate classroom behavior *1 p
3) Student created classroom rules
4) Behavior Charades *6 pp
5) Word cards for randomizing partners *2 pp
6) Student Interview and Class Introduction *2 pp
7) Class Puzzle Building
8) Class Jobs
9) Find Someone Who Bingo *1 p
10) Class Graphs *1 p
11) Independent Graphs *1 p
12) Time Capsule *2 pp
* NOT including the pages of instructions for the teacher.
Key Word Search: Common Core, Cooperative learning, groups, classroom environment, pair work, classroom rules, behavior management, teaching respect