Also included in
- This MEGA Bundle is the ultimate way to get started for your first year of teaching. It includes 14 of our most popular resources. By purchasing this bundle you save 30% off the individual cost of each resource!Let us HELP YOU get organised and survive your first year with this ultimate survival pac$66.00$97.10Save $31.10
- Are you a New Teacher - Let us HELP YOU get organised and survive your first year!! These resources have been created for beginning primary school teachers to get organised and feel confident walking into the school year!This bundle includes 5 of our best sellers: The First Year Survival Pack, Teach$33.50$47.70Save $14.20
We know the first year as a teacher can be a daunting one! Let us HELP YOU get organised and survive your first year with the ultimate survival pack for beginning primary school teachers.
This resource will help you with tips, hints, strategies and ideas.
We’ve collated notes, inspiration and relevant information you need all in one place so you can access everything at your fingertips!
NOTE: Some new additions have been added to this pack.
This resource includes a range of helpful forms and checklists, as well as loads of tips we have learned throughout the years! Inside you will find useful checklists, printables for planning and lessons, reflection proformas, information about communicating with parents, report writing and more!
**Suitable for teachers all over the world. This resource has been created from the perspective of our teaching in Australia. Some terminology may be slightly different but all the information will be helpful to any first year teacher**
***British English Spelling***
How to use this resource:
This resource is designed to provide you with a one-stop-shop to help you with all your questions and queries as a beginning teacher. It includes a range of preparation and planning checklists, easy to understand information about the general running of a classroom and a place to store teaching inspiration, ideas and reflections.
This document comes in colour and B&W printing options.
- Welcome to Teaching letter
- Where to start guide
- Teacher Orientation page (NEW)
- To Do list
- Ideas brainstorm page
- Teaching goal proforma
- Important People contact list
- Useful Website list
- Things to remember for survival (NEW)
- Teacher Supply checklist
- Student Supply wishlist
- Classroom Decoration checklist
- Classroom Management considerations
- Classroom Setup considerations
- Planning checklist
- Year at a Glance calendar
- Self care checklist
- End of the Year checklist (NEW)
The First Day
- What to do on the First Day guide
- Example First Day Plan
- Student Information Record proforma
- Parent Survey proforma
Creating a Positive Classroom Environment
- Developing a Positive Class Environment guide
- Positive phone calls / emails proforma
- Positive notes to students proforma
- Developing Relationships (NEW)
- Ability Grouping guide
- Maths, Literacy, Reading group proformas
Assessment Tips (NEW)
- Types of Assessment
- Standardised Assessment
- Prep for National testing
- Specialist assessment
- Recording data
- Assessment suggestions
- Assessment planning tips
- Anecdotal notes + 2 templates
- Assessment and parents
- 3 x Exit ticket templates
Marking & Reporting
- Tips for Marking Work
- Tips for Report Writing
- Report Writing Word Bank
- Example of Report General Comments
- Reporting to do list / checklist (NEW)
- Reporting Checklist Proforma
Communicating with Parents
- Communicating with Parents Guide
- Ideas for Positive teacher-parent communication (NEW)
- Tips for Parent-Teacher Interviews
- Parent Email Address proforma
- Parent-Teacher Conference form
Evaluations and Reflections
- Lesson/Teaching Evaluation checklist
- Unit Evaluation page
- Teaching Reflection (3 stars and a wish)
- Yearly Teaching Reflection
- ”Pick Me Up” ideas
- What do I do when…. Guide
- HELP! Teacher Dictionary
- Motivational Quote cards
Inspiration and Notes
- Blank pages for note taking
Printables & Practical Ideas
- Keeping Kids Busy guide
- ‘Grab and Go activities’ (includes 8 print and use worksheets + All about Me task, 2 pretest proformas, Learning goal proformas, 100s and 120 number chart).
Distance Learning (New)
- Teacher tips
- Ideas to get started
- Family Fun choice board
This package includes everything you need to get organised for the school year and loads of tips and printables to help you along the way.
We are passionate about helping teachers at Rainbow Sky Creations. We hope that this package helps you in your classroom this year!
❤️What Teachers are saying about this resource ❤️
"An absolutely invaluable resource for Graduate Teachers, includes all the little things that are involved in teaching that you aren't taught in University. I would be lost without it!" Jayde
"I have absolutely LOVED reading this first year survival kit during the school holidays! I now feel really calm and well prepared for my first year of teaching :) The checklists, goal setting pages and first day activities and ideas are AMAZING! " Alexandra
"This is absolutely brilliant!!! It is so comprehensive and has been the biggest help to me beginning my year at a new school as a graduate. Thank you so much for putting this together" Paige
"Absolute lifesaver for my first year as a teacher! So many things in there that I wouldn't have even thought about before!" Shondale
"This helped me so much! It was great to have all my questions answered in one place. Thank you!" Kerry
Before you go, follow us and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted!
Thanks for visiting!
Contact: If you have any feedback, queries, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the online form or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you love this resource, we would LOVE you to leave us some feedback!