Build math skills, vocabulary, inference
, and the ability to distinguish and use key details
with this bundle of 240 math riddle cards for grades one and two. Riddles are so much fun that your students will beg for more, so now both of these sets have been included in this money-saving bundle!
Please scroll down to link directly to both of the resources that are included in this bundle.
These sets are great for spiraled review
all year when you use a card or two every day! Each of the cards has a three-clue riddle whose answer is a number from one to 120.
The cards can be used in so many ways:
* Solve a riddle a day together for spiraled math review.
* Use a riddle as a warm-up before your math lesson.
* Expand your calendar activities
by solving one or more riddles
each day and using the cards to build a hundred chart.
* In a small group or with partners, they can be used with two 100 number
games. Task cards/directions cards are included.
* Use the riddle cards as task cards
. Students can check their own
solutions on the answer key
* For independent work, the cards can be used with the included solve-and-color
* Use them for a Read the Room activity
- keep your little
mathematicians moving for better learning!
* For ongoing whole class review, distribute a card to each child, give a few
moments to solve, and have the children line themselves up to leave the classroom
by putting themselves in numerical order.
* Solving riddles is a great way to model and practice identifying key details, making
inferences, and drawing conclusions.
In order to be successful with these riddle cards, your students should be familiar with odd/even, tens and ones, adding and subtracting tens, US coins (pennies, nickels, dimes), and comparison signs for equalities and inequalities.
Please note, this set uses only US coins.
Answer keys are included for both sets.
Are you a third grade teacher? Try this set!
100 Riddles for the Hundred Chart for Third Grade
If you teach grades four or five, here's a version for you! 100 Riddles for the Hundred Chart, Intermediate Version
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Combo Bundle of All Three Grade Level Riddle Sets ~ Gr. 1-2, 3, and 4-5
Click the star
on my store home page to follow. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration on Facebook
Primary Inspiration on Instagram