This student survey can be handed out on the first day of class in AP psychology or regular psychology to get to know your students a little better so that you can more accurately meet their needs. You may want to remind the students that the survey information will remain confidential so long as anything written does not require the teacher to say something as a result of Mandated Reporting.
Student survey handout (editable)
Materials Needed: Photocopies of survey
How do you generally feel about psychology?
1. I love it! I think psychology is really interesting.
2. I don’t know. I haven’t learned much about this before.
3. I struggle when I talk about my feelings. This class may be hard for me
4. Other: ___________________________________________________
How do you generally feel about school?
1. I love it!
2. It’s not bad. I think it is important.
3. I’m here because they make me.
How do you generally feel about class discussions?
1. I love them! I never stop talking.
2. I will participate when I have something to say.
3. I don’t like speaking in class. (If this is your answer, please elaborate as to why?)